Thank you for considering volunteering your time to serve those in need in the developing world. All approved applicants are expected to cover their expenses for their medical missions trip, which vary based on the location and duration of the mission.
Before you apply:
- Please check the upcoming mission trip schedule to ensure that that short-term missions team you would like to join is accepting additional team members.
- For applicants to China Teams, please note special visa requirements may apply to you, for details contact: email@example.com or team leader.
- Apply early! Some of our teams reach capacity months in advance.
- Please ensure that your passport is up-to-date or can be renewed before the date of the trip.
- Please note, if you are applying for the China South Surgical & Post-Op Team and have not done so before, please email the China South Team leaders for your welcome package and instructions before applying. The China South Team uses a unique application form – see China South Application Form.
- Please note:All volunteers interested in overseas opportunities are advised to carefully read their medical insurance coverage paying special attention to clauses related to COVID-19 and pandemics. They are expected to have the physical and mental health to cope with the conditions in the host country. If in doubt, we advise a consultation with a personal physician for a health assessment.Contact EMAS Office BEFORE applying if you are concerned that your insurance cover is inadequate for service during the pandemic. All applications must be received at the latest 8 weeks to the date of departure.
The application process to join the missions trips is now available online:
If you download a print application, please mail the completed form to:
P.O. Box 93055 RPO Headon
Burlington, ON L7M 4A3.